Our COVID-19 Response
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic Terramera’s priority has been the health and safety of our team and communities. Here are steps we have taken with that in mind:
- Established an internal task force to review the latest COVID-19 information and make recommendations for the safety of our team and business.
- Implemented work from home policies, allowing our team to work remotely unless specifically required to be on site.
- Equipped teammates with the tools and supplies needed to work from home.
- Arranged rotating schedules, health screenings upon entry, distancing and hygiene protocols and transportation for those required on site.
- Moved face-to-face interactions online where possible, including internal and external meetings.
- Added regular cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces at our facilities, sanitation supplies at all locations, and onsite signage for health screening, handwashing and room capacity limits.
- Postponed any non-essential visitors or guests at our facilities.
- Initiated a log to register all team members and essential visitors on site.
- Recommended that all non-essential travel be cancelled.
- Developed and implemented procedures to quickly close any of our facilities in case of exposure.
We continue to monitor the situation and evolve our safety precautions accordingly. We will continue to make adjustments to our business operations with the health and safety of everyone, strength of the company, and our important goals top of mind.
Supporting Our Team
Our success begins with our people and we have taken steps to ensure our team is supported, connected, and engaged. This has enabled us to maintain high rates of team satisfaction and productivity in a largely remote work environment.
- Transitioned to Microsoft Teams as our video conferencing and internal chat platform to enable an improved level of connectivity and replicate in-office interactions.
- Established a 10-day paid sick leave policy.
- Moved our weekly team-wide meeting online to maintain the team’s connection during remote work, incorporating features like breakout rooms, weekly themes, contests and polls.
- Initiated virtual social events including virtual trivia, games nights, happy hours and movie club.
- Offered live virtual fitness classes for the team each week including boxing, HIIT and yoga.
- Created a “Work From Home” internal team channel to share the unique situations that come with the remote work environment.
- Introduced an Employee Assistance Program with resources on health, nutrition, finances and more, with team utilization at 29.07%.
- Hosted well-attended Health & Wellness Webinars from our People Operations team on topics including holistic health, anxiety and depression, burnout and conflict management.
- Supplied weekly healthy eating recipes to the team as part of our Health & Wellness focus.
- Provided the team with a company-wide self-care day off in Q2 and Q4.
- Continued our unlimited vacation policy and ran a “Staycation Contest” to encourage the team to take time off.
- Initiated a Virtual Book Club that meets monthly to discuss a novel voted on by the team.
- Held a virtual Holiday Party which included gift cards for each teammate to order food and drinks, door prizes, games, year-end awards, and an opportunity to socialize as a team.
- Surveyed the team on a regular cadence to ensure they are satisfied with their working arrangement and have the support and equipment needed.
Doing Our Part
In the midst of this global challenge, Terramera is proud to contribute to the solution and we continue to look for areas where we are uniquely positioned to help.
Applying our Technology
Terramera is proud to be leading a collaborative project within Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster to predict COVID-19 virus variations before they emerge. Working with world-class partners including Microsoft and the University of British Columbia, we are applying our powerful artificial intelligence core to provide computational models to identify and combat future mutants of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
Applying our Resources
We partnered with Odd Society Spirits and Deep Cove Distillery and Brewery to help meet the growing need for hand sanitizer. We donated 2700 of our travel-sized spray bottles and 1600 of our 16oz spray bottles, to be filled with hand sanitizer and distributed to essential service workers and community non-profits.
Applying our Values
Since the beginning of the pandemic, our team has generously donated over $3000 CAD to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank to support access to healthy fresh food for those in need and living out our value of We > I!